Re: reply

on Fri, Apr 12, 2002, Patrick Kirk (patrick@kirks.net) wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 09:48:24AM -0500, traxlend@cs.purdue.edu wrote:
> >On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 03:33:39PM +0100, Patrick Kirk wrote:
> >lets you set up mailing list replies. Then reply only to the person
> >if it's something trivial that doesn't need to go on the list, or
> >reply only to the list so the person doesn't get a duplicate.
> >

> The joy is Linux is that you have the power to choose. Procmail is
> your friend.  I think its a lot nicer to have the list set up so that
> replies go to it rather than it and the sender but its not something
> to lose sleep over as procmail sorts out dupes anyway.

Incidentally, procmail might be able to offer a fix on the recipient's
side of this.

How about a recipie to filter list mail, run it through formail, add a
"Reply-to:" header (appropriate to the list), and dump the mail to an
appropriate folder.  This would give those of us with real mailers a
"your problem, your answer" option for responding to this question.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>           http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
   The Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act: