Re: reply

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 04:09:10PM +0100, Patrick Kirk wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 09:48:24AM -0500, traxlend@cs.purdue.edu wrote:
> >On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 03:33:39PM +0100, Patrick Kirk wrote:
> >lets you set up mailing list replies. Then reply only to the person
> >if it's something trivial that doesn't need to go on the list, or
> >reply only to the list so the person doesn't get a duplicate.
>
> The joy is Linux is that you have the power to choose. Procmail is
> your friend.  I think its a lot nicer to have the list set up so that
> replies go to it rather than it and the sender but its not something
> to lose sleep over as procmail sorts out dupes anyway.

Some people - particularly busy people - find it useful to be cc'ed only
on important posts to mailing lists, not necessarily all replies to
things they posted. For them, throwing all duplicates away is bad,
because cc'ing them is a way to attract their attention.

Anyway, this debate comes up once every month or two, and I'm pretty
sure the way the lists are configured isn't going to change. Sorry.