Re: package / java / swing /

François Chenais <francois@chenais.net> writes:
> I've downloaded it and appletviewer works fine; thanks  !
>
> But now, I have a pb un Netscape.
>

> a simple <APPLET ...... </APPLET> says me "can't find javax/swing/JTabPanne ..."
>
> I've tried Htmlconverter on my html code. The swing are found but now, I have a security
> violation on socket connection even I want to connect on the server where I download the applet !:-|

  You need the Java plug-in. The default Java VM in Netscape doesn't
  know about Swing. Read the JDK's Release Notes for instructions on
  doing this. In 1.3, you set the NPX_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable
  to your plug-in, for example:

    export NPX_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib/j2sdk1.3/plugin/i386/javaplugin.so

  I think this has changed in 1.4, but I'm not sure how. The release
  notes tell all.

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!