[OT] Proper gcc -march for Athlon/Duron CPU?

What is the proper -march to use when compiling with gcc and optimizing
for a Duron or Athlon CPU?  What man page lists the available options?
I search for 'march' in gcc's man page finds nothing.

So, I tried googling and several documents suggest '-march=athlon', but
that doesn't work for me (I've tried in gcc 2.95.4 in sid and 2.95.3 in
an LFS installation).  So I've been using -march=k6 instead; but, then I
noticed in my latest kernel recompilation that it was compiling with
i686 when I chose Athlon/Duron in the config.  Bah.

--
Thomas J. Hamman
"If your judgment wishes to rise against these prejudices, your neighbors and,