Re: Finding monitor refresh rates? - SOLVED

* Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> [020401 16:35]:
> On 01 Apr 2002, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > I need to find refresh rates for 2 monitors:
> >
> > Panasonic TX14H35ET
> >
> > Hansol Electronic E14AL
> >

> > Any good sites for this?  Google doesn't produce much and the sites in
> > the xfree-common docs don't either.
> >
> > Anthony
> >

> Sorry to follow up to my own post, but I should say that I have now got
> my monitor running again using a combination of vague memory of what it
> should be and guessing.

The read-edid Package finds that out for you if your monitor is
dde-capable. Install it and run

get-edid | parse-edid

The output can be directly copied into the XF86Config file for XFree 4.

Greets,
Karsten

--
Karsten Heymann <karsten.heymann@gmx.de> <karsten@ecology.uni-kiel.de>