Re: How to set up my LAN

martin f krafft <madduck@madduck.net> writes:

> also sprach Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com> [2002.01.20.2305 +0100]:
> > And I'd assume you can use something like lftp through an ssh transport,
> > though I haven't figured out how yet.
>
> due to the nature of the FTP protocol, this is not really possible since
> you need two SSH channels, and no matter whether passive or active FTP,
> the second channel can only be setup after interpreting the initial
> chat between client and server. at the very least, you can't do it
> without root privileges. but why FTP when you have the sftp subsystem,
> seriously...

cuz sftp is like the old Berkeley ftp program (ie. sucky)...

According to the lftp changelog, as of my birthday last summer (July
30), lftp supports the fish protocol (over plain ssh connection).
However, I know nothing about fish and can't find any further
documentation regarding this feature.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>