Re: xmms conflics with esd?

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 04:52:36PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Actually, you only have this problem if you use an ancient sound
> card.  The only sound card I've used personally with this problem is a
> SB16 ISA card.  My Soundblaster Live 128 works wonderfully.

Not so... what's built into motherboards these days usually has the same
problems.

So do your cheaper sound cards... ESS, CMI, etc.

Myself, I'll put up with the limitations of my CMI card before I use
Creative again.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Programming Department: Mistakes made while you wait.
 msw@cox.net |