Re: Can I format DOS drive drom linux?

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 17:35:15 -0800 (PST)
Lars Jensen <jensen@scsr.nevada.edu> wrote:

> I have a dual boot woody and win2000 system, and I want to create a
> FAT32 partition and format it so I can store files from my linux side
> there before moving them to the win2000 side. My question is this:
>
> 	Is it possible from the linux side to create and format a FAT32
> 	partition? The answer to the create part is obviously yes, but
> 	can I also format the created FAT32 partition using linux tools?
from $man mkfs.vfat

 -F FAT-size
              Specifies  the type of file allocation tables used (12, 16
or 32
              bit).  If  nothing  is  specified,  mkdosfs  will
automatically
              select  between  12  and  16  bit,  whatever fits better
for the
              filesystem size.  32 bit FAT  (FAT32  format)  must
(still)  be
              selected explicitly if you want it.

sorry if the format of that text sucks - but I am sure will figure out
how to it from reading the mkfs.vfat man page.

HTH

Shawn