Re: Sylpheed and mail client

On Wed, 25 Dec 2002 10:26:46 +0000 Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 11:09:35PM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 25, 2002 at 03:34:31AM +0000, Carlos Sousa wrote:
> > > I reported this bug almost a year ago (can't find it in the BTS
> > > though), and got an answer from upstream, through the Debian
> > > maintainer, saying that Sylpheed follows the relevant RFC's
> > > scrupulously and they *won't* change the code just because the
> > > Debian digests are broken.
> >
> > Nor should they.
> >
> > > So I think this must be solved by changing the divider line in the
> > > Debian digests, but somehow I don't see that happening :)
> >
> > If it's violating an RFC (which I'm not sure it is), then it should
> > be changed.
>
> Somebody who knows the details should file a bug on lists.debian.org,
> then.

See also my previous post
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200212/msg04806.html

Found my old bugreport, its #132405 (from Feb the 5th) and its status is
"Forwarded to upstream software authors". This implies that the persons
responsible for bugs against lists.debian.org decided it was a Sylpheed
bug, not a problem with the mailing lists digests, right?

How do we insist this issue be solved within Debian (since it's the poor
choice of boundary delimiter that is causing the problems with the
digests)?

--
Carlos Sousa
http://vbc.dyndns.org/