Re: CD How to boot to load ?

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 03:05:10PM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 09:50:44AM -0800, Bear wrote:
>
> | I down load the CD images, unpacked the ISO and burned #1 to CD up to
> | point everything looks good, But the CD does not auto run when booting
> | the system. I can put in other bootable CD from Redhat and Microsoft and
> | they boot, but not GNU/Linux one.
>
> How did you burn the disk?  You have to tell the burning software that
> the source is an ISO image, not a file (even though it is stored in a
> file on disk.  When you insert the disk on a windows system, what do
> you see on the disk?  If you see a single .iso file then the cd wasn't
> burned correctly.

i have a similar situation -- i've burnt the cd-rom from both
mac and windows (as an iso file, as you mentioned to the OP
above), i've tried two cd-rom drives in the target machine...
and it'll boot SOME cd-rom's but not the one i want it to boot
from, of course!

aaugh!

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 2.2;
Linux server 2.2.17 #1 Sun Jun 25 09:24:41 EST 2000 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #32 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
:
Wondering WHICH PACKES PERTAIN TO xyz? Try "apt-cache search xyz":
	apt-cache search docbook
	apt-cache search dbf
	apt-cache search png
Any package containing the string you're looking for will be listed,
with a brief description.