Re: installing non-"stable" packages and software

On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 09:39, Adam wrote:
> I have found the "gnome" package in the "unstable" distribution which
> is apparently what I want.  Unfortunately when I try to install it with
> "apt-get install gnome/unstable" apt-get complains that the package
> does not exist.
>
> Also, I really want the latest (0.60a3) version of Gaim, but this is
> not available even in the "unstable" distribution.  What is the best
> way to install it?  What are the caveats?

Add these lines to your /etc/apt/sources.list and run 'apt-get install
-t unstable gaim' and you'll have the latest gaim (usually just 1-2 days
old cvs version). However, please keep in mind that 0.60 isn't stable at
all (at least for me).

<sources.list>
#Gaim development snapshots
deb http://people.debian.org/~robot101/gaim unstable cvs