Re: What happened to plugger?

This one time, at band camp, Bill Moseley said:
> Seems a week or so ago I searched the Debian packages and plugger was
> available.
>
>   http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger.html
>
> Is there a license problem or bug problem?
>
> What would you recommend for multi-media support for browsing?  Plugger,
> or just use all helper apps based on mime.types and mailcap
> (mine-support) package.  Or both?

See bug #165556 for an explanation of the license problem - it's being
looked into, apparently.  I did like plugger when it was part of Debian,
but I'm just using plugins now.  plugger is still easy enough to compile
and install on your own, if you like.

|  Stephen Gran                  | Conceit causes more conversation than   |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | wit.   -- LaRouchefoucauld              |