Re: am I a sitting duck for fetchmail hole because can't upgrade?

You could do as I did (I'm running sarge) and create a .deb from
source (I used 'apt-get build-deps fetchmail ; apt-get -b source
fetchmail', but you can just download fetchmail_6.2.0-2.diff.gz,
fetchmail_6.2.0-2.dsc, fetchmail_6.2.0.orig.tar.gz and
fetchmail_6.2.0-2_i386.changes and use dpkg-source).  Version 6.2.0-2
does not depend on fetchmail-common.

Bob