Need to Buy Wireless Network Adapter

An earlier posting mentioned a Lucent Wireless Adapter which installed easily on a Debian system. After struggling for two weeks trying to make an Actiontec Wireless USB Adapter work using linux-wlan-ng I am ready spend hard cash for a surefire solution - i.e. Make and Model Number of an adapter, pci or usb, for which there is an available driver to work with Woody and a 2.4.18 kernel.

(I do believe that the Actiontec could work, people report it working with Red Hat, but none of the linux-wlan-ng instructions and the advice from lists.linux-wlan.com have solved my problem. )