Re: SmartMedia: buy what card reader?

I have a microtech Zio smartmedia card reader that works
very well.  I also have a microtech CameraMate that is
supposed to read smartmedia and compactFlash but doesn't
work at all for smartmedia.

Both of these products are USB.  I'm using a 2.4.19 kernel.

Dan Jacobson wrote:
I'm about to buy a smartmedia card reader for my
http://jidanni.org/comp/system.txt .  Can I get away with just a $15
single reader, or must I get a 5 in 1 with onboard memory at 4 times
the price to avoid coming all the way back home and it won't work?
I suppose USB is the best bet these days?

--
tony mollica
tmollica@silcom.com