Re: problems with NVidia drivers, and strange findings

Dave W sez:
[...]
} I'm using 2.4.20, the 4191 drivers and GLX from tar.gz, and a Sid box.
} Any ideas?

I have had great success using make-kpkg modules_image. Install the
apt-gettable nvidia-glx-src and nvidia-kernel-src packages and unpack
the tar files into /usr/src/modules (which it may do by default, I don't
recall). Once the appropriate kernel headers are in place and the kernel
module source files are unpacked in /usr/src/modules, run make-kpkg
modules_image (as root) and install the .deb file it produces. It should
not be necessary to compile your own kernel, though that it what I have
done.

} dave w
--Greg