Re: xterm starts with LINES=24 s/b 25

In article <[🔎] 1040715997.31918.22.camel@localhost>,
Mark L. Kahnt <kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org> wrote:
>XTerms stick to the standard computer
>terminal geometry - to hard-change that, you'd need to burrow into the
>source (I presume a header file with such constants) - otherwise if you
>feel that you must use the non-standard 25th line, that is what
>.Xdefaults is for, as well as /etc/X11/Xresources/ - while most ncurses
>applications I've seen now work with whatever screen size they get, you
>may find some that will stick you with a bad line or confused scrolling
>because they expect strictly 80x24 (although that is thankfully getting
>quite rare, what with users of SVGATextMode and of framebuffer.)

If you enter a university computer room you'll see that lots of
people run their xterms at 80x55 or so - and have been doing that
since the eighties. Without any problems.

Mike.
--
They all laughed when I said I wanted to build a joke-telling machine.
Well, I showed them! Nobody's laughing *now*! -- acesteves@clix.pt