Re: doom

Brooks R. Robinson wrote:
On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 06:30:14PM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:

Anyone get the doom package working?
I'm having sound problems with OSS (like there isn't any sound).

apt-get install lxdoom lxdoom-sndserv lxdoom-x11

lxdoom -width 640 -height 400 -iwad ./Doom/DOOM.WAD

I tried that, but I don't have a full doom.wad on this machine, so I used the demo one from debian. I have the disks around here someplace...

But no sound.

I'm not familiar with OSS, but check out ~/.lxdoom/boom.cfg.

There is a line like:
sounddev                  "/dev/dsp"

You may need to change it to a different device...

Thanks for the "hint"  :)

Given a choice between grief and nothing, I'd choose grief.
		-- William Faulkner