Re: need Ph.D. for sound even with common hardware?

Hi,

Kent West wrote:
Dan Jacobson wrote:

How kind of you to help me find the simplest way to make my
system give even the littlest bleat.  I did

Second, kill X (for now), and make sure you don't have any sound daemons (esd, artsd) running.

I just recently upgraded to woody and esd was running so I had to change
to eSound Output from OSS in XMMS and other audio tools. I have a sb compatible sound system. What started esd and should I get rid of it etc.?

Eric