Re: text mode pdf and msword reader?

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 02:07:33AM -0500, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 00:45, Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
>
> From the pdf side, it depends on whether or not you use framebuffer -
> fbgs will do it there. Offhand, I'd suspect that if you want to study
> ghostscript rendering to SVGA, it *could* be done in non-framebuffer
> environments, but it is not a *totally trivial* task.

oh - nothing so complicated. i am just looking for a way to avoid going
to x to see pdf and word documents - actually, text in these documents,
preserving the formatting. no problem if they are converted into, say,
html.

i had turned off frame buffer some time back to boost speed. but if
necessary, i can turn it on. in any case, it will be a lesser evil to
have frame buffer on than to have to run x.

--
regards,

sandip p deshmukh

QOTD:
	"Every morning I read the obituaries; if my name's not there,
	I go to work."