Re: text mode pdf and msword reader?

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 10:57:00AM +0530, Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
> hello all
>
> from a gui die-hard, i have started using console extensively. mutt, vim
> and all :) much faster - i must say.
>
> off and on, i get mail having pdf files and word documents as
> attachments. i have to run x and use xpdf and abiword for these.
>
> are there any utilities that will let me read pdf files and word
> documents in console?

Dunno about pdf, but package 'catdoc' should help with word documents.

> sandip p deshmukh
> ------***--------
>
> Ballistophobia:
> 	Fear of bullets;
> Otophobia:
> 	Fear of opening one's eyes.
> Peccatophobia:
> 	Fear of sinning.
> Taphephobia:
> 	Fear of being buried alive.
> Sitophobia:
> 	Fear of food.
> Trichophobbia:
> 	Fear of hair.
> Vestiphobia:
> 	Fear of clothing.

Hmm; most people accept that a sig should be four lines or less.  I
have a few random sigs that are longer than that, so I'm a bit of a
hypocrite :-)

  A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take
  from you.
          -- Ramsey Clark