Re: ntpdate from cron -- DON'T DO THAT!

On Sun, 2002-12-22 at 01:47, John Hasler wrote:
> Antoine writes:
> > I was one of the people using ntpdate in a cron job, although it was not
> > because I was lazy, all my servers have ntpd, I only used ntpdate on
> > clients.
>
> Then your clients should have been connecting to the ntp daemons on your
> servers, so there should have been no impact on the public servers.

Hum... how do you know there were connecting on the ntp daemons on the
public servers... I never said that... and you know what, there were NOT
!
All my clients did ntpdate to local servers, and the servers (which were
using ntpd) are connecting to public servers.

So I don't think there was any impact on the public servers...

Voila....