Re: ugly failure apt-get

Fair enough, I was sketchy --

This is sid -- last update was 10/30 (it's been a while)

The failure was "rm: reading directory `/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/.':
Function not implmented"
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
subprocess rm cleanup returned error exit status 1
dpkg: cannot scan updates directory `/var/lib/dpkg/updates/': function
not implmented" ....

It goes on ...

At the end of the day, something is hosed in e2fsprogs

Fortunately, I run proFTPd and it's either statically linked or does
it's own directory functions, so I was able to find my last package for
e2fsprogs, dpkg'ed it and now the system is working, but in an awkward
state with an updated list, but no very few new packages installed.