Re: Handspring Visor hotsync problem

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 14:56, nate wrote:

> Bret Comstock Waldow said:
>
> > Directly attempting the hotsync with pilot-link, a la the HowTo, gets a
> > message about pi_bind:
> >    Unable to bind to port /dev/ttyUSB1
> >    pi_bind: Permission denied
>
> should be fairly simple, the userid your using does not have access
> to /dev/ttyUSB1
>
> I create a group named usb, chmod /dev/ttyUSB1 660 and add myself
> to the group, be sure to logout & in again after adding yourself to
> the group.

I followed the advice on the Ximian support pages, created a group named
'sync', added my username, chown'ed the devices, set chmod to 770 and
tried again.

Hotsync doesn't happen at all (works in my Redhat with gnome-pilot) and
pilot-xfer starts sync'ing, transfers a variable number of files, then
fails on the Visor.  I've done it several times, and it fails on
different files, so it isn't db file specific.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bret