Re: cron.daily and updatedb

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 09:55:54PM +0100, Dominique Deleris wrote:
> I have the following problem:
>
> I would like to have the locate db updated only once a week, and
> not daily as per default settings. I have therefore done the
> following:
>
> - dpkg-diverted /etc/cron.daily/find to /etc/cron.weekly/find

I'm reliably informed (by the dpkg maintainers) that dpkg-diverting
conffiles like /etc/cron.daily/find is not supported and *will* cause
problems. Just leave /etc/cron.daily/find where it is and edit it such
that it'll exit immediately; then you can create a new
/etc/cron.weekly/find which does that job.

This may not be your problem, but it may help anyway.