apache-ssl + squirrelmail

I have both apache and apache-ssl installed  on a server.

I've noticed that they run different http config files..

I have a directory under the document root that I would like to restrict to only https access:

SETUP:
document root: /var/www/
directory to restrict: /var/www/squirrelmail

What I'm not clear about is how I would go about restricting this directory when I have two apache servers running off the same space.

I was thinking:
/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
<Directory /var/www/squirrelmail>
SSLRequireSSL
</Directory>
SSLDisable

/etc/apache-ssl/httpd.conf:
<Directory /var/www/squirrelmail>
SSLRequireSSL
</Directory>
SSLDisable

But that seems both redundant and ineffective for the apache-ssl configuration because now I have to enable each directory as I go.

Suggestions?

--
We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve one technical
problem -- how to run a sunbeam through a meter.