need help compiling non-debian source-tarball

Hi all,

I'm trying to get Squid-cache 2.5stable1 running on Debian 2.2.19, starting
from the newest .deb (Squid-cache 2.4something) which I have running now. I
know how to compile the 2.5 source (configure, make all, make install) but I
don't know where to find an overview of the configuration options used to
compile the youngest .deb packaged Squid - I would like to copy / use these
settings for compatibility issues. Can anyone point me out how to discover
these options or supply me with a list, link, whatever? (Maybe even a .deb
of the 2.5stable1 ??)

TIA,

mythiq.