Re: SSH w/ root and keypair authentication problem

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 03:00:43AM -0800, Adar Dembo wrote:
> Note the use of PermitRootLogin forced-commands-only which should allow
> me to ssh in as root, using my keys, as long as I run a command afterwards.

Beware that 'PermitRootLogin forced-commands-only' was broken in
1:3.4p1-1, the version of ssh in stable. It was fixed in 1:3.5p1-1. See
bug #166184.

I haven't investigated your problem deeply enough to know if that's
definitely the cause (sorry, work Christmas parties don't leave me
entirely sober), but it seems like a pretty good candidate. Vineet's
reply could be part of it too.

Cheers,