Re: pop - ssl

Colin Watson wrote:
On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 09:09:16AM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:

if ipopd is replacing ipopd-ssl, then how are you supposed to get SSL support for POP?

I noticed that ipop-ssl is just a dummy package, but ipopd has NOTHING in it discussing it's support for SSL.

Package: ipopd
Version: 5:2002a.dev.snap.0212051126debian-1
 This package contains the POP2 and POP3 servers which were
 formerly part of the University of Washington IMAP package.
 .
 This server has SSL support built in.

Cheers,

Right, I got that, but how do I rebuild the ssl certificate?

I posted a problem earlier that the openssl req commands weren't quite cutting it. To be honest, there are too many options to be able to figure this out in detail in one day. I was hopeful that a reinstall would rebuild the certificate for me.

It found an old copy of the one I built some time ago, albeit incorrectly.

I'm beginning to think that there are a lot of general needs in the area of basic security. More like recipes.

--
On-line, adj.:
	The idea that a human being should always be accessible to a computer.