Re: how to stop spamassassin from scanning some messages?

Am Mit, 2002-12-18 um 07.29 schrieb Sandip P Deshmukh:
> hello all
>
> i have been struggling to set spamassassin right. it slows down my
> system terribly. almost makes me feel as if i am using a windows pc :)
>
> i have spamc, spamd installed. i do not have razor. i use exim,
> fetchmail, mutt to read my mail.
>
> i already have the following in /etc/default/spamassassin:
>
> # Change to one to enable spamd
> ENABLED=1

> # See man spamd for possible options. The -d option is automatically added.
> OPTIONS="-F 0 -m 1"
>
> following is my ~/.spamassassin/user-prefs file:
>
> # How many hits before a mail is considered spam.
>  required_hits		5
>
> # Whitelist and blacklist addresses are now file-glob-style patterns, so
> # "friend@somewhere.com", "*@isp.com", or "*.domain.net" will all work.
> # whitelist_from	someone@somewhere.com
> whitelist_from debian*
>
> i was told in a separate thread that whitelisting does not help.
> spamassassin still processes the mail.

White-listing just adds a negative Score to any mail which matches the
white-listing.

So if you want to tell SA to *never* filter white-listed mail, change
the score to -100.

> how do i make spamassassin bypass
> some messages altogether? i will prefer to do it as a normal user than
> as root.

Have a look at your exim configuration, or start using procmail.

--

Matthias Hentges
[www.hentges.net] -> PGP + HTML are welcome

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice