Re: bash

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 04:39:54PM -0500, Bruce Park wrote:
> My understanding with the original Bourne shell was that when it starts up,
> it will execute .profile in the users home directory. How does this work in
> bash? I have a .bash_profile but I know that it isn't executed since my
> PATH variable isn't updated everytime I log on.

I got tired of trying to figure it out or keep it straight, so I took
the more featureful of .bashrc and .bash_profile, deleted the other
and made it a simlink to the more featureful one.  I haven't had any
sort of adverse reactions yet, and I've been set this way for roughly
a year.  YMMV.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user