Re: bind9: Dynamic dns updates?

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 11:05:40AM -0800, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> 	To allow for the updates you need only add the allow-update
> option to the zone file you want to allow updates to be made to... You
> can either setup and IP based ACL or you can use TSIG keys... It's very
> well documented in the BIND9 ARM resources...

I couldn't find any documentation googling for it or in
/usr/share/doc/...  I'm wondering if you could give an example using
IP based ACL?

> 	As for iptables following the names vs the IP... As I
> understand it iptables will resolve the hostnames when the command is
> executed and maintains the IP address that it resolves to when it was
> executed... I do not believe it holds on to the hostname...

OK, but knowing the nature of DHCP, I can just flush iptables and
rerun whatever scripts to forward every so often based on DHCP timeout
to get it reset so it's no big deal right there (though not
super-elegant, either).

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user