Re: Printer Recommendations?

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 10:37:58PM +0000, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 04:01:24PM -0600, Alex Malinovich (demonbane@the-love-shack.net) wrote:
> > I've finally gotten fed up with my roommate's Canon CBJ-2100 printer and
> > all of it's associated problems (both software and hardware) and have
> > decided to get a new one. My only requirements are that it's relatively
> > inexpensive (< $200 US) and that it can be set up easily and will work
> > well on our LAN. All of the machines except for one are running Debian,
> > and the one that it will physically be connected to is running Debian.
> > Any suggestions on a good choice?
>
> A used, ethernet-capable, postscript laserprinter.  Possibly a higher
> up-front cost, but generally higher performance, and better quality, as
> well as far-lower operating costs, than inkjets.
>
> HPLJ4 or better should do you well.  Used ~$300, but as noted the
> operating costs are lower than inkjet ($40/cartridge or so).
>
> Peace.
>

> --
> Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>        http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
>  What Part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?
>    Geek for hire:  http://kmself.home.netcom.com/resume.html

I could not agree more with you. A used HPLJ4 cost me $125, and a
"refill cartridge" about $45 at the same place. Although, I do believe
that the toner cartridge was full, 500 pages so far and still going
strong.
My personal "Computer related Best Buy" so far. Beats any other
peripheral I have bought during the years come and gone since the
Sinclair ZX80. ( Yeah, we are still alive).

--
Best Regards

Nicolaus Kedegren

	Catching his children with their hands in the new, still wet, patio,
the father spanked them.  His wife asked, "Don't you love your children?"
"In the abstract, yes, but not in the concrete."