Re: no sound

well first you'll/we'll want to know what kind of soundcard you have,
and how much it's recognized by the kernel as a device.  what does running
lspci say?  it may just be that you need to pass specific options to the
kernel, or that you need to have a specially compiled kernel to support it
(both are relatively easy to do if you know exactly what you want).

	sean