Re: no sound

Am Die, 2002-12-17 um 01.42 schrieb Chris Burns:
> hi,
>
> I installed the most recent stable version of Woody, and my soundcard is not
> recognized at all.  It's like i dotn' even have one.  No sound at all for
> anything.  When i installed Woody, i attempted to add the driver modules
> that appeared to best match my card (SoundBlaster Live) and it failed to add
> them at install time.   What can i try next?

Do a modprobe emu10k1. Then fire up a mixer app and unmute the sound
channels.

If it works, enter "emu10k1" into your /etc/modules so the module will
be loaded automagically upon boot.
--

Matthias Hentges
[www.hentges.net] -> PGP + HTML are welcome

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice