Re: debian

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 07:02:43PM +0100, Lederrey Guillaume wrote:

>   I'm not sure you actually want iptables !  iptables still has no
> support for some protocols that are available in the 2.2.* kernels !

Ahhh, but it does natively support many things you needed special
modules/patches for under ipchains.  Additionally, iptables can do
stateful inspection, ipchains could not (TMK).

> Mainly h.323 (netmeeting) and some others !  Check what are your needs

Really?  How about:
   http://roeder.goe.net/~koepi/newnat.html

I agree that you really need to check your needs, but I find it hard to
believe that many people have needs that iptables doesn't meet.

--
Jamin W. Collins