Runaway vim on SSH disconnect

Hi,

I have a problem with a Debian-stable (Wody) install. When I connect via ssh to this box, and the connection gets cut while I am running a vim session, vim runs out of control and the CPU usage goes up to 99.5%. The process has to be killed manually. I have heard that this is a problem with older versions of ssh, but I am using OpenSSH.

Has anyone sen this? Does anyone know a workaround (other than a script that seeks and kills runaway vim sessions...)?

My apologies if this has been discussed before here - I can't seem to search the archives of this list, and a Google search has not been very productive.

Cheers,

JP