802.11b

Hi,

I have a small home network with machines connected by cat5 10/100 cable. I want to introduce an old laptop with wireless connections to the mix and just want to test the water to see if it will all work together.

I am looking at a Linksys WAP11 hub and a Linksys WPC11 pcmcia card. If I plug the hub into the existing router, and the pcmcia card into the laptop, then install Debian onto the laptop, provided I read the howto's and configure it right, will this kit work with stable?

Is anyone using this as a setup? Are there any dire warnings I should be aware of?

As a matter of interest, does any one know how many wireless devices can be pushed through a single WAP11, 1, 5, 10, n-1?

--
  Keith O'Connell.                   -o)