Re: mozilla 1.2 and debian

> My personal recommendation would be to just download the tarball
> directly from mozilla.org, untar it in your home directory[check where
> it untars to with tar tzf first, it may want to untar to bin in which
> case you may want to untar it in ~/mozilla or something], and then run
> the included mozilla script directly with an alias or symlink from ~/bin
> if you include that in your path.  Installing xpi's into a
> package-managed mozilla can be tricky anyway so you will be killing two
> birds with one stone.  If you want to go back to 1.0.0 all you have to
> do is delete the directory you created and/or reverse whatever you did
> to call the mozilla script by default since with this method you never
> actually uninstalled 1.0.0.

Your recommendation seemed to be the safest and easiest so
I tried it and got the following error as I was not doing any symlinking
and just running from within the directory:

steelhead:/home/andy/mozilla# ./mozilla
./mozilla-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

Do I need to install a shared library?

Now usually one has to do the ./configure, make, make install routine for
compiling new programs.  Why don't you have to do that with Mozilla?

Thanks for your help.  -Andy