chroot & ssh 3.4p1 & sftp & apache

Hello, I've been reading many documents on chroot and ssh namely:

http://chrootssh.sourceforge.net/docs/chrootedsftp.html

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ap-chroot-ssh-env.en.html
http://www.coding-zone.com/chroot+sftp-server.patch

and see how one builds a users chroot for sftp however I still DO NOT see
how to set up sftp for a user to admin their own site.
the trouble is ssh wants root to own the chroot and apache wants to own
the domain so is this not possible?  I know hosting companies with tons of
sites segment user access from one another; perhaps via chmod + chown
the goal is not to push users content for them out of a standard home jail
and for them to only see their site and not be able to read etc others.
can someone recommend a faq loosely based on the subject.  one from a
debian box would be a plus.
oh yeah, i'm not subscibed to the 'user' list right now so pls reply to my
email as well.
regards, justin