Help with pinning to sid

I run testing on one machine.  I went to install Ogle-mmx from testing
and when I ran it it said it required a library that's in sid.  A bug
report was submitted

which says it's been fixed, but for ogle-mmx in sid.

I tried going through man apt_preferences(5) but still don't really get
it.  How can I install ogle-mmx from sid, but not cause a flood of
package upgrades?

I tried:

/etc/apt/preferences

Package: ogle-mmx
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 200

and then apt-get update and apt-install ogle-mmx and apt-get
dist-upgrade but no luck.  So I don't think I understand this setup.