Re: Tulip driver bundled with Woody 3.0_r0 Fails dhcp

dudahhh said:

> Secondly, when i ran potato, i always updated the
> kernel to 2.4.18, and ive never had any problems.
>
> So, ive determined theres just something wrong with
> that tulip driver with woody, i do see there is an
> updated one at ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/tulip.c
>
> So now my question is, do i just put that on a floppy,
> and load that up as the driver i want to use during
> install?  Or would it be better to install 2.2r3 and
> then try to upgrade it to woody through apt ?

putting it on a floppy won't help. it needs to be compiled,
against the kernel that the installer uses. so it's probably
best to install 2.2 then upgrade. I've yet to install debian
3.0, my new machines still get 2.2 then upgrade to 3.0, since
it works for me :)

nate