Re: Is it possible to switch these processors?

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 11:20:40AM -0500, Wathen, Metherion wrote:

> I have an older system with a P100 processor, I have another older
> system with P450 processor. what dangers do i face in swapping the
> processors?

Other than the fact that they (the physical processors) are not
compatible at all?  The P100 processor predates MMX and is most likely a
socket 5 or 7 (can't remember off the top of my head), while the P450 is
most likely actually a PII slot cartridge.  Now, on the other hand, if
you meant that you wanted to exchange motherboards, processors, and
other internals, that's a different question altogether.  Then you get
into whether both boards are AT or ATX (the P100 is most likely AT, and
the PII 450 is likely ATX).

As you can see there are a lot of interdependencies.

--
Jamin W. Collins