Re: DNS problem with Yahoo

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Rob Weir wrote:

> How do your logs look?  Do they give any more info about wht postfix is
> bouncing it?  Are you running a spamfilter or something that's a little
> overzealous?

I am running spamassassin (if you have a public mail server you've got to
nowadays.) but postfix is rejecting the mail before it even gets to there,
at the RCPT stage.

One thing I noticed from the logs is the offending senders are
canonicalizing the CNAME.  I.e. they are sending to
advaita-l@advaita-vedanta.org rather than advaita-l@lists.advaita-vedanta.org .
The ones that don't do that can send just fine.

What I'm wondering is why they're doing that?  Is there something I can do
on my end to make them not do that?  I could change the CNAME to an A but
then what are CNAMEs good for?

Or are sites like yahoo just broken in this regard?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>