Re: Debian Package for viewing/editing .ai files (Adobe Illustrator)

On 10 Dec 2002, 20:24:41, Ludwig wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 19:54, Hugh Saunders wrote:
> > Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 12:42:13AM +0000, Doug MacFarlane wrote:
>
> Bear in mind that the JPEG format doesn't support transparency, so
> you'll have to save that logo as a GIF or PNG.

Thanks!!

Yeah - the gimp made this clear to me . .

There's no Save As . . . option for .gif in the gimp.  Is there some proprietary
format issue?

I saved as a png and that worked perfectly!!!  It displays properly in Galeon.
 But from IE on WinDoze box, I still get the white background.  What's up
with that?

Thanks again,

madmac

--