Re: Severe bug in either afio or gpg, but I don't know which

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 08:25:12AM +0000, judy m. down  wrote:
> I am using afio and gpg as follows to create an archive that has each
> element encrypted asymmetrically to a user, i.e. with no key needed to
> encrypt. Almost all the time, it works perfectly. But for some directories,
> it fails about half of the time on about 10 percent of the files (which
> files fail changes each time).

I have no idea how to fix this, but I've (more than a few times) tarred
up my MailDir hierarchy, then compressed+encrypted it with GPG (both
using asymmetric and symmetric ciphers) quite successfully.  Any
particular reason you need to use afio rather than tar?

-rob