Re: Fake start-stop-daemon called, doing nothing--Wha???

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 08:58:27PM -0600, ZephyrQ wrote:
> 	Thank you, the moving the .REAL command fixed it.  I was able to
> configure my printer!!!!

Do take up Joey's kind offer of help though, since it sounds like your
installation screwed up pretty severly...

> 	Now I have to start tracking down little problems...like my audio

Audio is easy.  First, add any users who you want to have sound
capabilities to the 'audio' group, using 'adduser username audio' (as
root).  Then use modconf to select the appropriate driver for your
soundcard, and you're done.

> upgrading the kernal

'apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-<arch>', where arch is one of k7,
386, 686, etc...You'll have to reboot, of course, for this to take
effect.

> so I can use the latest nvidia drivers...

'apt-get install kernel-headers-<arch> nvidia-glx-src nvidia-kernel-src'
(as above), then read the docs in /usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx-src/ and
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-kernel-src/ and you should be all set.

-rob