Re: mozilla mail reader

From: Travis Crump <pretzalz@techhouse.org>
To: Debian User List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: mozilla mail reader
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:42:49 -0500

Bruce Park wrote:
From: Travis Crump <pretzalz@techhouse.org>

It shows just the time of all mails sent today because it assumes that you know what day it is.

OK... but wouldn't it make more sense to list the date? I can understand TODAY's things not being dated. With that being said, will the date field change tomorrow? If it didn't, you'd have no way of when the mail was received.

Yes the date field will change tomorrow to some format determined by your locale which includes the date. Whenever I 'find' a 'bug' like this, I think to myself, "Would the programmers really have made this big of an error and not noticed it?" The answer is usually no and I figure out my misunderstanding or what I am doing wrong/unusual. Especially in this instance where Netscape uses the Mozilla code base for its mail client and has been in this business for a while.
You are absolutely right Travis. Who am I to think that developers at Mozilla would make such an error. Well, all I have to say is that it's been a while since I configured anything like this and basically, I panicked. I'll be more cautious next time. In the meantime, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

bp