Re: server monitoring program

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:42:16AM -0800, nate wrote......

> Kevin Coyner said:
> >
> > Looking for a recommendation of a server monitoring program to use.
>
> for plain old fashioned monitoring I reccomend SNIPS
>
> http://www.netplex-tech.com/software/snips/
>
> sample:
>
> http://snips.aphroland.org/
>
> nate

This looks quite good, but do I need to have a Snips process of some
type running on the Windows webservers that I need to monitor?

Or can I just run Snips as a standalone on my Debian box, having it
ping/etc the Windows and Linux servers that I need to check that are not
within my network?

Thanks
Kevin

--