Re: Promiscuous mode for ethernet device

A. Loonstra said:

> What the F^%&*( what does this mean???  It was quite useless to put the
> machine into promiscuous mode since it was shutting down.. Or was the
> DHCPD daemon doing something?

you have any network monitoring software installed? e.g. arp tracker,
network sniffer, snort, or some other daemonized network sniffer? if so
that software is likely the cause, the messages are completely normal,
though I don't remember seeing them upon shutdown.

nate